Health By Design builds capacity among public health professionals and partners to achieve health equity for all across Indiana. HbD’s Job Board furthers that mission by sharing job openings for public health professionals at any stage of their career.
Also, please feel free to sign-up for the Health by Design newsletters to receive the latest event information.
Health by Design works at the intersection of the built environment and public health, collaborating across sectors and disciplines to ensure communities in Indiana and beyond have neighborhoods, public spaces, and infrastructure that promote healthy, active living. Health by Design envisions healthy, thriving people in equitable, vibrant communities. Coalition partners work by advocating for policy change, building community capacity, convening diverse partners, educating on best practices, evaluating impact, facilitating dialogue, promoting smart design, and providing technical assistance.
Health by Design is committed to embedding health equity its systems, practices, policies, and activities and has expanded Healthy Communities efforts to include upstream strategies that address complex system change. Additional information can be found at www.healthbydesignonline.org. Health by Design holds a management services agreement with the Indiana Public Health Association, and this position will also provide administrative support for them.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for a wide range of administrative and support activities to ensure the efficient and effective operation of Health by Design and the Indiana Public Health Association. This position will involve interaction with a wide variety of partners and stakeholders throughout the state of Indiana.
The salary range for this position is $45,000 – 55,000 annually, depending on education and experience. The organization offers excellent benefits including comprehensive insurance, retirement match, paid personal time off and holidays. There is considerable opportunity for professional development and growth with this role, as well.
Some evening and weekend hours will be necessary. Limited travel may also be necessary. This is a hybrid position with time split between working from home and the office.
Education & Experience
Post-secondary education in business administration or non-profit management is preferred; a high school diploma or GED is required. Applicants should have a minimum of three years of related professional experience. If the applicant does not have a high school diploma or GED, a minimum of five years of related professional experience may be substituted.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs and standard office equipment is required. Experience with accounting, communication and database platforms is preferred, as is web and social media content development and management. The ideal administrative assistant will have strong personal competencies, skills and characteristics related but not limited to:
- Verbal and written communication
- Planning, organization and prioritization
- Reliability and credibility
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Self-starting and independence
- Relationship building and customer service
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Confidentiality and ethical behavior
In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience working with diverse community partners; a deep understanding of the principles of equity, inclusiveness and power across multiple dimensions (such as race, ethnicity, ability, gender, sexual orientation, income and place); and life and/or professional experience working across those dimensions.
Health by Design is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your education and experience don’t align directly with all stated expectations, please apply anyway.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for tasks including, but not limited to:
- Providing administrative support to the executive team and other staff
- Planning, scheduling and organizing meetings and travel
- Managing incoming and outgoing communication by telephone, fax, mail and email
- Preparing meeting agendas, supporting materials, minutes/notes, and follow-up
- Supporting board activities and meetings
- Coordinating direct mailings
- Maintaining and archiving files
- Updating and maintaining databases
- Ensuring the availability and maintenance of office equipment and supplies
- Working on special projects
Event Planning and Management
- Assisting in the development and planning of trainings, workshops, conferences and other events
- Coordinating event registration, logistics and day-of activities
- Supporting event promotion and communications
- Managing event financials, including sponsorships, revenue and expenses
- Writing general correspondence, memos and organizational documents
- Proofreading and editing organizational documents
- Responding to general information requests
- Assisting the development of communications messaging, presentations and collateral materials
- Managing websites, social media and other communications channels
- Serving as a liaison to partners and stakeholders
- Developing and scheduling posts on social media
- Supporting other strategic communications activities
- Assisting with financial systems, including bookkeeping, payroll, banking, invoices, expense reimbursement, account payables and receivables, and financial reports
- Supporting fund and revenue development activities, as well as donor management
The Administrative Assistant will also:
- Support broader efforts including strategic plan implementation, committee and action team activities, events and advocacy
- Represent the organizations at partner meetings and events
- Monitor, track, evaluate and report activities and impact
- Be responsible for other duties, as assigned
Please send a resume and cover letter, detailing your relevant experience and salary expectations, to Megan Bolton, email@example.com, including ‘Administrative Assistant Application’ in the subject line.
Questions may be directed to Megan, by email only. Applications will be accepted until Friday, March 8, 2024, and then, if needed, on a rolling basis until the position is filled.